Pasta salad is always a winning dish. It is cheap to make, you can use leftover cooked pasta or cook some in about 10 minutes, and there are all kinds of flavors you can add to this easy pasta salad with parmesan cheese.
In this recipe we are keeping with the Italian theme (although you might like to look at our Indian pasta salad for a wonderful fusion idea!) by incorporating parmesan cheese and sun-dried tomatoes.
Although the tangy red wine vinegar dressing is good, sometimes I prefer to just use mayo for a super-simple dressing which boasts a lovely creaminess everyone is going to love. You can add other flavors to the mayo too, like mustard, spices or dried or fresh herbs, as you like.
Use white pasta for the best result – perhaps penne, shells or another favorite. For pasta salad, avoid the long kinds like spaghetti or linguine, and go for something that’s easy to pick up on the fork or scoop up in a spoon.
This recipe can be made quickly and easy, and it is an excellent pairing for everything from grilled chicken to burgers, steaks or even fish. Why not make a big batch for your next barbecue event or party? Continue reading
This is a classic Italian dish made with spaghetti, bacon and eggs. There are different variations – some people add cream or cream cheese, some will add parsley or another herb, and others will use whole wheat spaghetti over white spaghetti. However you prefer it, an easy spaghetti carbonara recipe is well worth adding to your culinary repertoire.
The following recipe is really simple, even if you are a newbie in the kitchen, and the flavor is amazing. This is good served with mixed salad leaves dressed with vinaigrette. Learning how to make spaghetti carbonara is a great idea if you want to serve something impressive but only have 2 pots on the stove.
When I made this easy spaghetti carbonara, I chose to add some cream cheese. It wasn’t necessary (I mean, it would’ve been good without it) but I wanted some creaminess in there. The authentic spaghetti carbonara recipe is made without the addition of cream or cream cheese, but if you want to add some, well it’s your dish! I also added turkey because I had some to use up and that was great in there. Continue reading
Some More Hot Content For You
There is so much you can do with pasta, and also so many kinds to choose from. White or whole wheat pasta, penne, spaghetti, pasta twists, linguine… the list goes on. You can make hot recipes such as baked pasta dishes, or chilled ones like a salad. You can serve it as an entree or side dish, and there are many new pasta recipes to try.
Pasta is economical and filling, and there are plenty of wonderful Italian recipes using it. Try the big noodles to make lasagna, long pasta like linguine or spaghetti to serve with a meaty sauce, or pasta shapes to make pasta salad or to cling to a thick sauce.
Quick and Easy Pasta Recipes
If you want to make a pasta recipe in a hurry, simply cook a handful of dried pasta (per person) in boiling water until done (follow the instructions on the package) then drain in a colander, and toss with either pesto, cream cheese, sour cream, tomato sauce, or another sauce, adding in some cooked protein (shrimp, chicken etc) and diced cooked veggies. You can use leftovers or cook them fresh.
You can even add chopped veggies to the pasta during the final 3 minutes of cooking. Consider olives, anchovies, cheese, nuts, or anything else you like, along with a pinch of dried oregano or basil, and perhaps some salt and black pepper too. Continue reading
This Greek lamb pasta bake with feta is a delicious dish, pairing pasta with ground lamb, feta cheese and other Greek flavors. It is similar to pastitsio, Greece’s answer to lasagna, and you will find it really delicious and warming.
Serve this Greek lamb pasta bake with feta with a simple salad on the side and a balsamic and extra-virgin olive oil dressing, or else just enjoy it by itself. If you’re into carbs, a slice of lightly toasted baguette bread would go well with this Greek lamb pasta bake with feta too. There are so many pasta bake recipes to choose from, and the great thing about such a dish is you can use pretty much any kind of ground meat, any kind of cheese, and then choose your own herbs and spices to complement the flavors you have chosen to use.
Greek Lamb Pasta Bake with Feta – What Kind of Pasta?
You can use any kind of pasta for this Greek lamb pasta bake with feta. I often use penne pasta but recently discovered maccheroncelli which is a long, tubular pasta that is great with heavy sauces or in casseroles. Another similar type is perciatelle or you can use macaroni, penne, spaghetti… whatever you like really. Continue reading
This delicious lasagna with ricotta and Italian sausage is a snap to make and it freezes well too if you wrap individual portions in plastic wrap and then aluminum foil. Simply unwrap and reheat any time you want to enjoy this ricotta lasagna again. If you want to use ground beef rather than the Italian sausage, go ahead.
Tasty Lasagna with Ricotta and Italian Sausage Additions
Some people like to add some sage to the sausage or use sweet sausage instead of the hot kind and add some red chili flakes. You know which you like best, so go ahead and choose your favorite kind when preparing this lasagna with ricotta and Italian sausage. If you want to use a ready-made, herbed tomato-based sauce rather than the tomato sauce and canned tomatoes, again go ahead.
As well as our basic ingredients in this lasagna with ricotta and Italian sausage recipe, which are the meat, 3 cheeses, lasagna noodles and tomatoes, we are using garlic, parsley, oregano, basil to add aromatic accents to the overall flavor of this dish. After preparing the various components we are going to layer them in a glass lasagna dish, then bake the lasagna in the oven.
Pasta is not the first ingredient that should come to mind when you think about Indian cuisine because of course it is an Italian ingredient. However that is the beauty of fusion cooking. This Indian pasta salad offers some exciting flavors, all of which go together nicely. When combined they offer an exotic flair in what would otherwise just be a basic pasta salad.
You can find all kinds of ingredients in this Indian pasta salad which come together wonderfully. The neutral flavor of pasta along with its firm al dente texture means a spicy, aromatic dressing is sure to suit it instead of clashing. In the following recipe we are teaming our pasta and chicken breast with a fragrant Indian inspired dressing.
Taking inspiration from the classic English Coronation chicken recipe, this salad boasts plenty of exotic flair. Learn more about how British Indian cuisine began and grew and you will soon see how such dishes gained such popularity in the UK.
Serving Tips and Tweak Ideas for Indian Pasta Salad
This Indian pasta salad pairs well with a bunch or red grapes. Alternatively you could serve it over a bed of lettuce, or even just as it is for a ‘lunch in a rush’ at your desk. Feel free to tweak the ingredients. Perhaps you prefer to use turkey (or have some left over) instead of chicken. Maybe you’d like to swap the celery for green bell pepper or the slivered almonds for cashews.
- Authentic Chinese Wonton SoupTraditional Chinese food recipes are fascinating and following these will allow you to prepare the meal as it has been made and enjoyed for centuries. Every element of the authentic Chinese wonton soup recipe including the ingredients, preparation and serving suggestions are authentic. The original style of preparing and cooking the Chinese recipes are incredible, and will allow you to indulge in top quality Chinese foods, keeping things traditional at every stage. Ensuring that Chinese Food Recipes are Traditional You may enjoy Chinese food, but what you purchase in the local takeout or eat at a Chinese buffet is unlikely to be .....
- Smoked Salmon Pizza with CapersIf you are looking for new ideas for pizza, something other than the meat feast or tomato and cheese pizza you usually have, consider this brand new take on the Italian favorite. Topping with smoked salmon and capers, this offers a fresh, light flavor, and a gourmet appeal. If you are looking for an elegant Italian recipe which is easy to prepare rather than fussy, consider this smoked salmon pizza with capers and enjoy the smooth texture of the salmon and the salty little bursts of flavor in the capers as well as the satisfying pizza crust. The smoked salmon pizza with capers takes a while to make, especially since the dough is homemade and .....
- Recipe for Squid Stuffed with Rice and HerbsThis fun video shows you how to make delicious squid stuffed with rice and it is aimed at beginners, so you can see exactly what you need, how to prepare the ingredients and how to stuff and cook your squid to perfection. Stuffed squid recipes are really easy, so long as you know what you need and how to prepare and combine the ingredients, as well as how long to cook it so your squid comes out beautifully tender. This squid stuffed with rice cooking video is easy enough for complete beginners to master so if you are worried about getting lost in technical cooking jargon then don’t, because that is not what stuffed squid is all about. .....
- Best Sci-Fi Movies of 2014Now that 2014 is well over half a year behind us, all the best sci-fi movies of 2014 are available on DVD, so rather than going to the cinema, why not curl up with some popcorn and a DVD this evening? I love this genre and managed to see plenty of movies last year. My husband doesn’t mind the genre but it’s me who is the real fan, so I’m going to share with you my top sci-fi movie recommendations!.....
- Banana Wontons with Chocolate Dipping SauceDessert wonton recipes are becoming more and more popular. This banana wontons with chocolate dipping sauce recipe features crunchy deep-fried wontons with a banana, orange and cinnamon filling. You can serve them alone if you like but they are even more tempting served with a hot chocolate sauce. Save time by buying a chocolate sauce or impress your dinner guests by making your own. Why We Love Sweet Wontons Dessert wonton recipes are becoming more and more popular. This banana wontons with chocolate dipping sauce recipe features crunchy deep-fried wontons with a banana, orange and cinnamon filling. You can serve them alone if you like but .....
- Japanese Scallop Soup with Snow PeasLight and aromatic, this Japanese scallop soup recipe is easy to make and makes a lovely appetizer, lunch or light evening meal. It can be made very quickly using whichever veggies you happen to have. The base of the Japanese scallop soup is chicken or vegetable stock and miso, then there are udon noodles and scallops in there too. You will be wowed by this recipe and want to make it again and again, because the flavor is so good. What are Udon Noodles? Have you tried udon noodles before? They are white, thick and a little chewy. Wheat-based, udon noodles are one of my favorite Japanese exports. You can get them fresh from the refrigerated .....
- Easy Sauteed Brussels Sprouts RecipeWhen I remember Brussels sprouts from my childhood, unfortunately the memory makes me grimace a bit! I assumed Brussels sprouts were supposed to be soggy and flavorless but actually I have discovered a new way of cooking them. That’s right, read on to discover an easy sauteed Brussels sprouts recipe which might just convert even the most die-hard sprout hater! Although a lot of people just boil them, adding a pinch of bicarbonate of soda to keep them vivid green, sauteing them (cooking them in a pan with some oil or butter) is a much better way to go. I like to trim off the bottom, remove a few outer leaves and then slice them .....
- Classic Prawn CocktailThis classic prawn cocktail recipe combines succulent Atlantic prawns with a homemade Marie Rose sauce and more. Shell-on prawns are the best variety to use for both texture and flavor. Classic Prawn Cocktail: Tips for the Prawns You can make a nice risotto stock from the shells after peeling them too. Most Atlantic prawns are sold cooked and frozen and the best way to defrost them is to leave the in the fridge for several hours. Don’t defrost them in water because they will lose some of their flavour. When you peel them, you should split them almost in half through their backs and remove the bitter dark vein running through them. This .....
- Thai Stuffed Squid SoupThis Thai stuffed squid soup recipe is a favorite of mine. It is very special because of its simplicity. Although this Thai stuffed squid soup dish is rarely found on a restaurant menu you quickly and easily prepare it yourself. You need some chicken or pork bouillon, and homemade is best if possible. If you do not have homemade bouillon then make sure you use a high quality one. The filling for the squid is made with pork, soy sauce, black pepper and garlic, and you will need smallish squid for this, no more than a couple inches long. When you have stuffed the squid it is time to warm up your bouillon and then you poach the squid in there .....
- Sesame SeedsSesame is a flowering plant and it is naturalized and cultivated for its edible seeds. Sesame seeds are believed to be the oldest oilseed crop and has been domesticated for more than 5000 years. The plant is drought-tolerant, making it a ‘survivor crop’ – capable of growing where most other crops would fail. In 2010, more than 3.84 million metric tons of sesame seeds were harvested in the world, the largest producer of which was Myanmar. India exported the most and Japan was the biggest importer. Sesame has one of the highest oil contents of any seed. This rich, nutty-tasting ingredient is used in many different cuisines, .....