Pasta salad is always a winning dish. It is cheap to make, you can use leftover cooked pasta or cook some in about 10 minutes, and there are all kinds of flavors you can add to this easy pasta salad with parmesan cheese.
In this recipe we are keeping with the Italian theme (although you might like to look at our Indian pasta salad for a wonderful fusion idea!) by incorporating parmesan cheese and sun-dried tomatoes.
Although the tangy red wine vinegar dressing is good, sometimes I prefer to just use mayo for a super-simple dressing which boasts a lovely creaminess everyone is going to love. You can add other flavors to the mayo too, like mustard, spices or dried or fresh herbs, as you like.
Use white pasta for the best result – perhaps penne, shells or another favorite. For pasta salad, avoid the long kinds like spaghetti or linguine, and go for something that’s easy to pick up on the fork or scoop up in a spoon.
This recipe can be made quickly and easy, and it is an excellent pairing for everything from grilled chicken to burgers, steaks or even fish. Why not make a big batch for your next barbecue event or party? Continue reading
This is a classic Italian dish made with spaghetti, bacon and eggs. There are different variations – some people add cream or cream cheese, some will add parsley or another herb, and others will use whole wheat spaghetti over white spaghetti. However you prefer it, an easy spaghetti carbonara recipe is well worth adding to your culinary repertoire.
The following recipe is really simple, even if you are a newbie in the kitchen, and the flavor is amazing. This is good served with mixed salad leaves dressed with vinaigrette. Learning how to make spaghetti carbonara is a great idea if you want to serve something impressive but only have 2 pots on the stove.
When I made this easy spaghetti carbonara, I chose to add some cream cheese. It wasn’t necessary (I mean, it would’ve been good without it) but I wanted some creaminess in there. The authentic spaghetti carbonara recipe is made without the addition of cream or cream cheese, but if you want to add some, well it’s your dish! I also added turkey because I had some to use up and that was great in there. Continue reading
Some More Hot Content For You
There is so much you can do with pasta, and also so many kinds to choose from. White or whole wheat pasta, penne, spaghetti, pasta twists, linguine… the list goes on. You can make hot recipes such as baked pasta dishes, or chilled ones like a salad. You can serve it as an entree or side dish, and there are many new pasta recipes to try.
Pasta is economical and filling, and there are plenty of wonderful Italian recipes using it. Try the big noodles to make lasagna, long pasta like linguine or spaghetti to serve with a meaty sauce, or pasta shapes to make pasta salad or to cling to a thick sauce.
Quick and Easy Pasta Recipes
If you want to make a pasta recipe in a hurry, simply cook a handful of dried pasta (per person) in boiling water until done (follow the instructions on the package) then drain in a colander, and toss with either pesto, cream cheese, sour cream, tomato sauce, or another sauce, adding in some cooked protein (shrimp, chicken etc) and diced cooked veggies. You can use leftovers or cook them fresh.
You can even add chopped veggies to the pasta during the final 3 minutes of cooking. Consider olives, anchovies, cheese, nuts, or anything else you like, along with a pinch of dried oregano or basil, and perhaps some salt and black pepper too. Continue reading
This Greek lamb pasta bake with feta is a delicious dish, pairing pasta with ground lamb, feta cheese and other Greek flavors. It is similar to pastitsio, Greece’s answer to lasagna, and you will find it really delicious and warming.
Serve this Greek lamb pasta bake with feta with a simple salad on the side and a balsamic and extra-virgin olive oil dressing, or else just enjoy it by itself. If you’re into carbs, a slice of lightly toasted baguette bread would go well with this Greek lamb pasta bake with feta too. There are so many pasta bake recipes to choose from, and the great thing about such a dish is you can use pretty much any kind of ground meat, any kind of cheese, and then choose your own herbs and spices to complement the flavors you have chosen to use.
Greek Lamb Pasta Bake with Feta – What Kind of Pasta?
You can use any kind of pasta for this Greek lamb pasta bake with feta. I often use penne pasta but recently discovered maccheroncelli which is a long, tubular pasta that is great with heavy sauces or in casseroles. Another similar type is perciatelle or you can use macaroni, penne, spaghetti… whatever you like really. Continue reading
This delicious lasagna with ricotta and Italian sausage is a snap to make and it freezes well too if you wrap individual portions in plastic wrap and then aluminum foil. Simply unwrap and reheat any time you want to enjoy this ricotta lasagna again. If you want to use ground beef rather than the Italian sausage, go ahead.
Tasty Lasagna with Ricotta and Italian Sausage Additions
Some people like to add some sage to the sausage or use sweet sausage instead of the hot kind and add some red chili flakes. You know which you like best, so go ahead and choose your favorite kind when preparing this lasagna with ricotta and Italian sausage. If you want to use a ready-made, herbed tomato-based sauce rather than the tomato sauce and canned tomatoes, again go ahead.
As well as our basic ingredients in this lasagna with ricotta and Italian sausage recipe, which are the meat, 3 cheeses, lasagna noodles and tomatoes, we are using garlic, parsley, oregano, basil to add aromatic accents to the overall flavor of this dish. After preparing the various components we are going to layer them in a glass lasagna dish, then bake the lasagna in the oven.
Pasta is not the first ingredient that should come to mind when you think about Indian cuisine because of course it is an Italian ingredient. However that is the beauty of fusion cooking. This Indian pasta salad offers some exciting flavors, all of which go together nicely. When combined they offer an exotic flair in what would otherwise just be a basic pasta salad.
You can find all kinds of ingredients in this Indian pasta salad which come together wonderfully. The neutral flavor of pasta along with its firm al dente texture means a spicy, aromatic dressing is sure to suit it instead of clashing. In the following recipe we are teaming our pasta and chicken breast with a fragrant Indian inspired dressing.
Taking inspiration from the classic English Coronation chicken recipe, this salad boasts plenty of exotic flair. Learn more about how British Indian cuisine began and grew and you will soon see how such dishes gained such popularity in the UK.
Serving Tips and Tweak Ideas for Indian Pasta Salad
This Indian pasta salad pairs well with a bunch or red grapes. Alternatively you could serve it over a bed of lettuce, or even just as it is for a ‘lunch in a rush’ at your desk. Feel free to tweak the ingredients. Perhaps you prefer to use turkey (or have some left over) instead of chicken. Maybe you’d like to swap the celery for green bell pepper or the slivered almonds for cashews.
- Very Low Carb Bread RecipeThere is low carb bread and there is this very low carb bread recipe. If you’ve been doing Atkins or low carbing for a while, you will have tried some of the more ‘eggy’ or ‘dense’ breads and while they are passable (just!) they aren’t exactly a good bread substitute. Some low carbers will forgo the bread entirely, choosing to wrap their burger or sandwich in a large lettuce leaf instead and while there is nothing wrong with that, sometimes it’s nice to have something a bit chewier and more bready, even if it isn’t going to be that high-carb processed stuff you used to eat before. There are .....
- Fruits de Mer RecipePlateau de fruits de mer is the French term for seafood platter, and this recipe comprises both cooked and raw seafood on a chilled platter, often on a bed of ice. If you order a fruits de mer recipe, you can expect shellfish along with bread, mayonnaise (preferably homemade) and condiments like cocktail sauce and mignonette sauce. The serving platter will be above table level on some kind of stand, and sometimes there are several tiers, both to make it look for elegant, and also because some of the shellfish is served on the half-shell or in the full shell, and then it takes up a lot of room. A fruits de mer recipe is traditionally served .....
- British Bangers and Mash RecipeWhat is bangers and mash, you might be wondering, and how do you make a British bangers and mash recipe? Well, one of the most popular examples of British comfort food, bangers and mash is a dish of bangers (sausages) with mash (mashed potatoes). It is usually served with thick brown onion gravy drizzled over the top. I like to use plenty of onions in this British bangers and mash recipe or even forgo the sauteed onions and make a delicious onion gravy. You can use any gravy you want, either making it the lazy way with gravy granules or, if you prefer, making your own from scratch. What Kind of Sausages for a British Bangers and Mash Recipe? .....
- Beef in Chinese CuisineBeef in Chinese cuisine. Yes it’s there, just not the most popular choice, at least in authentic Chinese cuisine. Beef is not used nearly as much as pork in Chinese cuisine, so when the Chinese talk about ‘meat’ they are usually referring to pork. Beef is used quite a bit in Szechuan cuisine, probably because there are more oxen in that region. Steamed beef is coated with cornstarch to make a gravy, while stir-fried beef is cooked until chewy. Beef is not as versatile as pork, for example they are not good for making a beef version of pork meatballs, which is why beef is not so popular. You will not find beef in Chinese .....
- How to Cook Prime Rib for Juicy ResultsPrime rib is often called the king of beef cuts, and if you like your beef juicy, tender and delicious, you might like to learn more about how to cook prime rib yourself at home. Also known as a standing rib roast, prime rib is marbled with fat to keep it succulent, and it is very easy to cook too. You just need to start it in the oven on a high temperature to brown it nicely, then turn the oven down so it can finish cooking without the meat drying out. The center of your prime rib roast should be pink or red while the thinner tail-ends will be brown and more done. This is good because people get to choose if they want their meat .....
- 5 Great Websites about SpaceLike many people, I’m fascinated by space and sometimes I like to find new websites about space and wonder at it all. If you think about it, the Earth is just one tiny dot in the middle of a seemingly unlimited universe and, although we have some idea of what is out there, at least closest to us, there is so much we don’t know! I find the enormity of it all to be a thing of wonder, and now that technology is being developed at such a speedy rate, the space photos and new information available is incredible. When I see a headline in the newspaper about space or a link to look at photos, I often click through out of curiosity, but .....
- Colourful Tuscan Bread SaladThis Tuscan bread salad is a wonderful summer starter recipe because there is no cooking involved. It is best to make this colourful Tuscan bread starter using Italian bread but you can use another type if you have some to use up. Sourdough bread, pita bread and wholemeal bread all work well. Tuscan Bread Salad: Preparing the Bread Tear the bread up to make big chunks or shred it like breadcrumbs, whichever you prefer. You can get creative with this easy salad recipe and add your own touches to it. This is a bread salad not a crouton salad so you don’t need to fry or toast the bread. This vegetarian starter recipe is called .....
- Walden Farms Calorie-Free Food ReviewFlavorful Items to Complement Your Diet This calorie free food is for anyone looking for items which do not contain calories, carbohydrates, fat or sugar. Doesn’t that sound exciting! Their range includes fruit spreads, regular and flavored mayo, pouring syrups, salad dressings, pasta sauces, whipped peanut spreads, dips for chips or fruit, condiments, and more. Carb-Free Too These products contain no carbs either, so you can enjoy as much as you want. But what do these calorie free food products actually taste like? I have bought a selection of them recently, to try them out for myself, and I have to say some are better than others......
- Lunch at the Manor House at the Houstonian | A ReviewBefore I move on to my experience at the Manor House at the Houstonian, allow me to share just a little bit of background. My husband and I moved to Houston last year, in July to be precise, and we wasted no time diving into Houston’s amazingly diverse culinary world. We ate at so many different places, trying to get a feel for what was popular locally and, well, simply enjoy these gastronomic experiences. We tried chain restaurants, Mom ‘n Pop places, Japanese, Korean, Southern, French… well actually, a little bit of everything. And you know what I realized first? Two things. First… Texans like their food. Whether .....
- Tasty Ground Chicken WontonsGround chicken is not the most common ingredient to fill wonton wrappers, but it is a versatile protein which combines well with various types of vegetables and seasonings. These little dumplings can be deep-fried, steamed or poached for a soup, and ground chicken is lean so lower in fat that some other types of meats. Try these ground chicken wontons and experience an authentic, tasty flavor. Delicious Dumplings: Chicken Makes a Change A lot of people have only tried the ground pork or ground beef option for making theirs, and ground chicken makes such a nice change, a nice change of pace. Try it and you will be pleasantly surprised by the .....