This amazing Greek dish is famed not only in Greece but anywhere in the world there are Greek people or Greek restaurants. I personally love Spanakopita Greek spinach pie and one slice is never enough! The joy of Spanakopita Greek spinach pie is that it is made with phyllo pastry. Adding melted butter between the pastry layers makes it really flaky and tasty. The filling is spinach, egg, 2 kinds of cheese, onion and parsley, and the flavor is simply amazing.
You can either make triangular servings or one large Spanakopita Greek spinach pie which is cut into slices. The method is the same but the large pie will take about twice the time to bake as the individual portions, so the choice is yours which to make. Although phyllo (also spelt filo) dough is more common, some recipes will tell you to make a flour and water crust instead which offers a heavier texture.
This type of dough is made in the Greek islands. Some recipes call for salty, white, fresh cheese to be used instead of the feta, and we usually add parmesan too, for a nice tangy contrast.
These stuffed mini peppers with goat cheese make an incredible appetizer and my husband and I both love them. Where we live we can buy them in different varieties – some are sweet while others are spicy.
One store uses the pointy end of spicy chilies as their ‘mini’ peppers while others use mini sweet peppers, mostly red but sometimes green or yellow.
Green is more savory while yellow (and orange to a lesser extent) is sweeter. Whichever peppers you use in this stuffed mini peppers with goat cheese recipe, the flavor of these little bites is going to be fantastic. See what they sell in your local food market and decide whether you want a sweet, semi-spicy or piquant result, or you could make some of each.
Plenty of Tempting Choices
Making your own stuffed mini peppers with goat cheese over buying them saves you money, plus you get to decide what result you want – spicy, medium or mild, as well as what color peppers you want, plus whether to use only goat cheese for the filling, or to combine the goat cheese with sour cream and/or cream cheese. There are a lot of options here actually!
Some More Hot Content For You
Starter recipes as they are called in the UK, or appetizer recipes as they are known in the US, are little snacks which are served before the main dish. There are easy starter recipe ideas to suit every occasion.
There are hot and cold starter recipes that everyone can prepare, no matter whether you happen to be a newbie in the kitchen or an experienced and seasoned chef.
So what are you planning to make as your New Year’s Eve starter recipes? A parma ham and melon starter, prawn cocktail, cheeseballs, canapes or something else? Keep reading if you are still looking for New Year’s Eve appetizer inspiration.
Easy Starter Recipe Ideas and Ingredients
You can use meat, poultry, fish, seafood or even vegetarian or vegan ingredients to make easy starter recipes and you do not have to spend a lot of time on them either.
Easily made starters are always welcomed at all kinds of occasions and you can choose from meaty starter recipes, seafood ones, vegetarian dishes or just a mixture of everything.
Find out how to make a delicious cheeseball by combining ingredients like cheese, garlic, cream cheese, nuts, bacon and other ingredients. Cheeseball recipes have been around for decades but they never lose their appeal!
So what do you serve with cheeseball recipes? Well they are great for dipping crackers, chips or bread slices and the softer ones are even good with softer ingredients. Take your pick but crackers are my preference.
Do You Serve Cheese Balls Chilled or Not?
Well you can leave your cheese ball at room temperature to soften it or keep it chilled until serving for extra firmness. But don’t serve it too cold or you won’t be able to scrape bits off with the crackers. Don’t serve cheeseball recipes too warm either else they will melt!
They are a wonderful answer if you are looking for dinner party starter recipes or dinner party appetizers. You can make cheeseballs ahead and simply chill them until you are ready to serve the cheeseball along with whatever accompaniments you want.
Pineapple is more than just a fruit and more than merely a dessert ingredient. You can make starter recipes (as they are called in the UK) or appetizers (as those of you in the US and Canada will know them) with pineapple because its sweet flavor contrasts beautifully with savory flavors like cheese, bacon, or chicken. There are starter recipes with pineapple for all occasions.
Why not serve a fruit salad or pineapple sorbet – who’s to say an appetizer has to be savory Pineapples are an excellent fruit to include in the family’s diet, and you will all benefit from having this delicious food daily.
This tropical fruit has a sweet taste with a slightly acidic flavor, making it ideal for both desserts and savory dishes. Combine it with other fruit like grapes, strawberries and apple, and serve with a cheese dip or chocolate dip, or toss with fruit and add a honeyed syrup to make a fruit salad.
This is such a great Malaysian popiah recipe! Popiah, which literally means ‘thin wafer’ is like an egg roll, or spring roll, and this is common street food in Malaysia, but also found in Taiwan, Medan and Singapore. Shredded vegetables are always found in them, but some also contain shrimp, meat or egg.
A Malaysian popiah recipe is a Chinese dish in origin, coming from the Fujian province of China. These little snacks are easy to make. Simply get yourself a package of popiah wrappers (spring roll or egg roll wrappers are fine) and julienne-cut your vegetables.
A little salt and pepper is all we are using here for the seasoning but if you wish to add a touch of soy sauce, sesame oil, 5-spice powder and any other tasty seasonings, then go ahead.
- Greek Lamb Pasta Bake with FetaThis Greek lamb pasta bake with feta is a delicious dish, pairing pasta with ground lamb, feta cheese and other Greek flavors. It is similar to pastitsio, Greece’s answer to lasagna, and you will find it really delicious and warming. Serve this Greek lamb pasta bake with feta with a simple salad on the side and a balsamic and extra-virgin olive oil dressing, or else just enjoy it by itself. If you’re into carbs, a slice of lightly toasted baguette bread would go well with this Greek lamb pasta bake with feta too. There are so many pasta bake recipes to choose from, and the great thing about such a dish is you can use pretty much .....
- Tasty Taco Salad in Tortilla BowlsAs much as I love salad (and I really do!) I do find myself getting bored with the same old salad recipes over and over, which is why finding a new recipe or learning a new salad tip or trick is always so great. Take this taco salad for example. Not only can you expect the flavorful flavors of Mexico, but you also get a crunchy taco bowl to serve the salad in. I love to present my taco salad in tortilla bowls because it looks so impressive but is actually easy! Tortilla bowls are very easy to make and you can do them in the oven. Use cooking spray and you add only a few calories to the tortillas themselves. You can serve any kind of salad in .....
- Spicy Roast PotatoesThere are thousands of potato recipes, and many ways to prepare roast potatoes, including this spicy roast potatoes recipe. One of the nicest things to do with them is spice them up before roasting, and then you will be able to enjoy the aromatic spices and the potatoes too with their crispy outsides and fluffy hot insides. The following spicy roast potatoes recipe is very simple to make. You will need floury potatoes like King Edward, Yukon Gold, Charlotte, Maris Piper, or Duke of York. Floury varieties are better for mashing, fry-making or roasting, while non-floury potatoes suit boiling better. If you try to boil a floury potato it is .....
- Different Kinds of Starter RecipesThere are many different kinds of starter recipes, ranging from basic two or three ingredient combinations which you can put together in one minute flat, to the more elaborate and gourmet style dishes which are a mixture of many ingredients and take a long time to create. There are different dishes for different occasions and you should always match the type of food you serve with the people who are going to be eating it and the type of occasion itself. Old Favorites and Classic Starters There is nothing wrong with sticking to tried and tested recipes if you aren’t sure what to make. There are many kinds of starter recipes to choose .....
- Watermelon Radish Recipes Cooked and RawWhat is a watermelon radish, you might be wondering. It could be you have spotted watermelon radishes at your local market and you are curious what to do with such a vegetable. What kind of watermelon radish recipes are there? Maybe you are looking for a good watermelon recipe. Well I purchased some of these at my local market, and I have been experimenting! First of all, what is a watermelon radish anyway? Well, this vegetable is an edible globular root with green leaves and thin stems. The outside is whitish and the flesh is bright pink. It is tender-crisp and firm in texture. It tastes mild and a little peppery. You might taste some .....
- Easy Recipe for Coq au VinCoq au vin is a wonderful French dish featuring chicken, bacon, mushrooms and red wine. Other typical ingredients in this dish include garlic, thyme and onion. Our easy recipe for coq au vin shows how to to prepare this wonderful French treat. If your mouth is watering already you are not alone. This combination of ingredients appeals to nearly every palate, offering both richness and gentle aromatic flavor. Harmonious Flavors Come Together The red wine and bacon work beautifully together to add a special rich taste to the finished easy recipe for coq au vin dish, and of course the chicken thighs offer plenty of juicy flavor of their own......
- Hot Herring Starter Recipe with Mustard SauceMustard and white wine sauce goes beautifully with many types of fish and herring is no exception. The following hot herring starter recipe combines potatoes, herring, onion and mustard sauce for a full flavored starter recipe. The herring is flavored with lemon juice and grilled, the potatoes are boiled and the onion is served raw, to make a crunchy and piquant garnish. How to Serve this Hot Herring Starter This fish appetizer is suitable for a buffet table or a dinner party. Just serve it with a big serving spoon and let people help themselves. You can serve extra mustard sauce on the side if you like, as well as underneath the potato .....
- Sauteed Jerusalem Artichoke RecipeAlso known as sunchokes, Jerusalem artichokes should not be confused with globe artichokes. This tuber or root vegetable, also known as earth apple, sunroot or topinambour, is in the same family as the sunflower, and there is a Jerusalem artichoke recipe for every palate once you know how to cook this tuber. They are perhaps easier to find in Europe than in the United States, although the roots are often used to make inulin, which is used as a source of dietary fiber in processed food instead of other fillers such as sugar. Jerusalem artichokes are high in potassium, iron and thiamin, low in calories, and a great source of fiber. They are .....
- Folding Bikes ReviewA folding bike will fold into a compact form when not being used, which makes both storage and transportation easier. Fold the bike after using it and it can be carried into your apartment easily or stored in your car. You can also transport a folding bicycle on a plane or boat. Find out which one is the best for you by reading a folding bikes review and prepare to enjoy your new ride. The folding mechanisms for such bikes vary and each kind of mechanism differs, so it pays to examine the different kinds available and consider such things as how many parts the bike comes in, the folding ease and speed, how compact the bike is, how much it .....
- Ground Beef Wontons with Green OnionThese delicious ground beef wontons with green onion contain ground beef and green onions of course, along with soy sauce and more. You can either steam or simmer them, and you can even freeze them and cook them from frozen whenever you have a wonton craving! If you are wondering just how versatile wontons are the answer is… very! They can be steamed, boiled, baked or deep fried, and they can be filled with all kinds of wonderful fillings. Pork and shrimp make a typical filling, while other wonton recipes like Crab Rangoon wontons are also popular. Then there are beef recipes such as this one, and beef is both filling and rich-tasting, .....