Perhaps you have read about the classic crackslaw recipe on a low carb forum or one of your friends has been raving about it but what is crack slaw and why is it called that?
Well, first things first, crackslaw is supposed to be addictive, which is how the name came about, but don’t worry, there is nothing illegal in it! It is addictive in a good way because it is a filling low-carb meal packed with nutritious ingredients.
What’s In a Classic Crackslaw Recipe?
This is an oriental inspired recipe featuring ground meat (or poultry or a vegetarian alternative) as well as cabbage or coleslaw mix (cabbage and carrot, usually). The dish is spiced up with ingredients like soy sauce, ginger, hot sauce and more. Continue reading
Similar to our other recipes for crackslaw yet slightly different because of the peanut butter and the lack of meat, this one is a nice change of pace. Just like with the other recipes though you should feel free to adapt this peanut crackslaw recipe and make it however you prefer. If you want to use meat, go ahead, choosing from beef, pork, chicken – as long as it is ground that is fine. Check the label to make sure it is 100% meat and no fillers.
This peanut crackslaw is really simple to make. If you do want to use ground meat, cook that first, then empty it out of the wok and proceed with step 1. Add the meat back in the end and stir until warmed through. About 7 oz of meat is good. You can add that without changing the rest of the ingredients although you might need a splash more of oil. Add the carbs from the meat to ensure the carb count is right.
Crackslaw with Peanut Butter
When I make peanut crackslaw, I love to throw in plenty of Tabasco sauce but you can use any kind of hot sauce, or even chili powder or sliced jalapenos if you prefer. Some people like more heat than others so add just a little and offer extra hot sauce on the side if you think some people wants theirs on the spicier side. Continue reading
Some More Hot Content For You
I spotted some ground veal in the grocery store last week and, since I had never tried it before, decided to use it to make veal crackslaw. I am always looking for new ideas. Crackslaw is always good but I can get bored with beef at times.
You can use any kind of ground meat to make crackslaw and I like veal escalope, so I thought why not see how ground veal works out? I combined the veal with mushrooms and other veggies, as well as all the Asian seasonings crackslaw is famed for, and the results were impressive. I really liked it!
As well as the veal, I used a package of sliced veggies including mushrooms and leeks, to make this veal crackslaw, and you can either do similar or prepare vegetables from fresh.
I usually use shredded cabbage or a coleslaw mix but the mushroom mix also works well with the Asian flavors. In my local supermarket you can grab these on offer sometimes. Continue reading
This lovely recipe blends Quorn (a vegetarian alternative to ground meat) with vegetables, peanut butter and other Asian seasonings to make the most delicious quorn crackslaw stir fry you can imagine. Make it as simple or as spicy as you wish.
Whether quorn crackslaw is a new concept to you or you are just seeking other recipes for this dish, this one is worthy of your consideration. Also known as veggie crack, this vegetable crack slaw recipe is addictive because of the wonderful flavors, but feel free to indulge because it’s super low in carbs!
Szechuan Crack Slaw Stir Fry
It is your choice how to prepare the vegetables for this dish and also which veggies to use because pretty much anything goes in this wonderful low carb recipe.
Some people like to matchstick-cut (julienne) them while others usually opt for chopping or slicing. Continue reading
This recipes uses leftover lamb, but you could use any leftover meat to make it. Just chop it into small pieces and then you can add it to the recipe. The vegetables add flavor and color to the dish, and you can feel free to use your favorites. I love lamb crackslaw because it’s tasty and oh so filling.
If you want to swap the carrot for broccoli, for example, go ahead. This could be served with a starch on the side, but I usually just have it as it is, because it is satisfying enough like that. In fact it is really filling.
This recipe is really appealing and even if you are not following a low carb diet you will love it.
Hoisin sauce does contain sugar, so avoid this dish during induction, or use a sugar-free, low-carb Chinese cooking sauce instead. Continue reading
Greek seasonings work their magic in this special crack slaw recipe, while the meat and veggies are sure to fill you up. This Greek lamb crackslaw makes a change from the Asian crackslaw recipes you might be more familiar with, but if you are looking for something different this recipe is ideal.
Ground lamb is used instead of another kind of ground meat, and it makes a great substitute because it is naturally quite fatty which means it comes out succulent and juicy.
The Greek flavors in this Greek lamb crackslaw recipe come from the addition of tomatoes, herbs and lemon juice. You can also add some black olives if you like. For the herbs, parsley, basil, oregano or mint would go well. Continue reading
- Traditional Greek Salad RecipeGreek salad is one of the most popular kinds, which is why most people have a good idea of what goes in there. Our traditional Greek salad recipe is simple to put together and you will recognize all the wonderful Mediterranean flavors in there. Feta cheese, olives, cucumber and tomatoes usually feature in this salad, but how do you make Greek dressing to finish it off in style, so you can close your eyes and imagine you are sitting by the ocean on a Greek beach? Read on and discover how to make our tasty and traditional Greek salad. This traditional Greek salad recipe is very simple and suitable for even novice home cooks. Sometimes I like .....
- How to Get a Job in Gran Canaria and Live ThereSo you’re interested in working in sunny Gran Canaria? I have plenty of handy information to share with you about moving to Gran Canaria, living there and working there, so read on! Whether you want a job in Gran Canaria or you’re just curious, I can share my experiences with you. Gran Canaria is one of the Canary Islands and is situated off the coast of North Africa. With great weather all year round, Gran Canaria is a great tourist desination and somewhere you can work all year round if you are a member of the EC or have a visa to work in Europe. What Type of Work is There? If you are willing to accept a bar job in Gran Canaria .....
- Watermelon Mint Detox WaterDetox water recipes are all the rage these days, and little wonder when the concept is basically about making plain water delicious so you want to drink plenty of it. Water is absolutely essential but a lot of people struggle to drink enough of it. Once you feel thirsty you are already dehydrated and in need of this watermelon mint detox water or something similar. The obvious answer to this problem is flavoring regular water (tap water, bottled water, filtered water, whatever you like) with fruit, perhaps adding some kind of fresh herbs or spice to boost the flavor further. This recipe is one of my favorites. We are incorporating watermelon .....
- Creamy Rich Butternut Squash SoupA nice rich butternut squash soup is a lovely option for the chillier months. There are plenty of things you can do with this naturally sweet vegetable though, not just soup. Try stuffing it with risotto or pilaf, cubing it and adding it to your next stew or curry, pureeing it to make a change from mashed potatoes, or using it to make a wonderful winter warmer of a soup. You can tinker with the rich butternut squash soup, adding more ingredients if you want. Some people like to swap half the butternut squash for pumpkin or potatoes, or even carrots. Doing this will change the flavor slightly and the color of the finished soup. Adding .....
- How to Make Vegetable QuicheFew things are as delicious as a good vegetarian quiche, and learning how to make vegetable quiche is something that any home cook can do with ease. You can include as few or as many veggies as you like, and choose from various types of crusts and fillings, to make your vegetarian quiche recipe perfect for your palate. Once you discover how to make quiche you will want to experiment with diverse crusts and fillings. Not only will you love the resulting quiche but your family are sure to love it too. Quiche is a healthy option, boasting the protein from eggs, the nutrients in the veggies, and it is also really filling and will keep you .....
- Lamb Coconut Curry with Sweet PotatoThis lamb coconut curry with sweet potato recipe uses ground lamb rather than stewing lamb, and also includes sweet potato and peas, if you like, along with coconut milk, garlic, ginger, and curry powder to season it and add the flavors. This is a winter warmer and something lovely to enjoy on a chilly evening, to make a change from the beef or chicken curry recipes you usually prepare. An easy curry recipe to make, this lamb coconut curry with sweet potato dish is sure to appeal to all the family, and if you wish to tweak it, for example by swapping the sweet potato for pumpkin, the peas for garbanzo beans, or hot curry powder instead of .....
- 4 Budget Hotels in the South of Gran CanariaThere are plenty of great hotels to choose from in Gran Canaria’s sunny south, so if you are in the mood to soak up some sun in Playa del Ingles or Puerto Rico, consider the following budget hotels in Gran Canaria and see which you fancy. Finding your own flights and booking a hotel separately, instead of booking a package, means you get more control over dates and times, as well as how you fly and where you stay. No wonder many people like to book their own flights and accommodation, so they can create the tailor-made holiday of their dreams......
- Indian Pasta Salad with ChickenPasta is not the first ingredient that should come to mind when you think about Indian cuisine because of course it is an Italian ingredient. However that is the beauty of fusion cooking. This Indian pasta salad offers some exciting flavors, all of which go together nicely. When combined they offer an exotic flair in what would otherwise just be a basic pasta salad. You can find all kinds of ingredients in this Indian pasta salad which come together wonderfully. The neutral flavor of pasta along with its firm al dente texture means a spicy, aromatic dressing is sure to suit it instead of clashing. In the following recipe we are teaming our .....
- Stacking Jewelry Tray SystemStackers are the ideal way to store your precious trinkets and the best thing about these is you get to choose which trays you want to have. I have a stacking jewelry tray system and really love it. Got a lot of earrings but not many rings? Then pick some of the earring trays and don’t get a ring tray. Got lots of chunky bracelets? Then get a tray divided into 3 or not divided at all. You can see how this works now! You can personalize your own stacking jewelry tray system and make it as tall as you wish. Choose from the small or large width/depth depending how big you want it and how many trinkets you have to store. A stacking jewelry .....
- Japanese Scallop Soup with Snow PeasLight and aromatic, this Japanese scallop soup recipe is easy to make and makes a lovely appetizer, lunch or light evening meal. It can be made very quickly using whichever veggies you happen to have. The base of the Japanese scallop soup is chicken or vegetable stock and miso, then there are udon noodles and scallops in there too. You will be wowed by this recipe and want to make it again and again, because the flavor is so good. What are Udon Noodles? Have you tried udon noodles before? They are white, thick and a little chewy. Wheat-based, udon noodles are one of my favorite Japanese exports. You can get them fresh from the refrigerated .....