Chicken is a nice meat to use if you want to enjoy that classic crackslaw flavor but limit the amount of calories. Of course beef is tasty but it is high in calories so if you are counting those too, or at least keeping an eye on your red meat intake, you might like to consider using chicken instead. This crack slaw with chicken recipe is simple to prepare and you will love the flavor.
This recipe is made with chicken breast, which is a lean part of the bird, but is still flavorful and will soak up the lovely Asian seasonings used in the recipe.
Delicious Chicken CrackslawThe following recipe makes use of mushrooms, red onion, carrot and white cabbage, so you will not be short on nutrients or flavor.
If you like you can use different ingredients or just use cabbage (no carrots on Atkins induction, remember) or use another kind of mushrooms in this crack slaw with chicken.
This raw crack slaw recipe shows you how to make coleslaw style crackslaw. While crack slaw is usually made hot in a wok and served like a Chinese dish, this recipe is different, surprisingly so if you have made the regular kind a few times already.
Instead of being cooked the cabbage mixture is tossed together cold and then you let it stand until the flavors are better blended. Then serve it raw. Yep, this is a recipe for raw crack slaw, and it tastes fantastic!
Flavored with all the best ingredients like vinegar, citrus juice and sesame oil, this raw crack slaw will fulfill all your hunger pangs and leave you really satisfied. Serve it alongside steak, chicken or fish, or just have it by itself. You can make this and take it to work in a sealed container, enjoying it at room temperature, or make a batch and enjoy it over the course of the next few days as a tasty side dish or whenever you fancy a snack. Continue reading
Some More Hot Content For You
Carrots have more carbs than a lot of other vegetables, so you would not want to make this beef and carrot crackslaw recipe on Atkins Induction, for example, but if you like the sweetness of carrots, then perhaps you will love this recipe, because the carrots are particularly nice with the beef, onions and Chinese seasonings.
This crack slaw recipe is full of flavor. To cut some of the carbs, if you want to do that, swap half the carrots for shredded cabbage, or else you might like to throw in some mushrooms (Chinese mushrooms or just button ones) if you prefer.
Which Order to Cook the Ingredients In
Although you can make this beef and carrot crackslaw in stages, first browning the meat, and then removing it from the pan and browning the carrots and then doing the onions, and so on, I usually just start the carrots first because they always take a long time to do, then add everything else and just keep stirring it. Continue reading
I love trying new ways of making crackslaw, and fish makes a nice, light alternative to meat. Of course, it is carb-free just like meat is, and you can choose anything between sole for a light flavor or cod for a richer flavor. I really enjoyed this fish crack slaw and want to make it often.
There are plenty of other types of fish you can use in fish crack slaw as well and examples that come to my mind include tilapia, snapper, halibut, monkfish, dogfish, basa fish, and haddock. As long as it’s skinless and boneless it will work.
Don’t use imitation seafood in fish crack slaw though, like those imitation crab pieces or crab sticks you can get, the reason being they usually contain either sugar or some kind of filler with carbs. If you aren’t watching your carbs it doesn’t matter but if you are, choose fresh, thawed or canned fish with no added ingredients. Go for 100% fish or seafood and the crackslaw will be low in carbs.
Make It on the Cheap
Because crackslaw is a spicy dish, you might like to use an economical kind of fish, because a lot of the flavor will be overpowered by the spices used to make the dish. Of course, this is your fish crack slaw recipe, so if you prefer to tone down the spice factor so you can taste the fish better, by all means go ahead.
Although crack slaw is an Asian dish and is usually made with Chinese seasonings, there is no reason you cannot experiment with the dish and find your own preferred way of making it. Since this Mexican crack slaw is such a good Atkins diet recipe it is worth knowing a few variations so you don’t get bored with it.
You can make it Mexican, Greek, Spanish or use other herbs, spices and seasonings to give it a totally different feel. The dish is mainly meat, poultry or fish, along with vegetables and seasonings. You won’t even miss the carbs, I promise!
Typical Mexican Flavors
The following Mexican crack slaw recipe shows you how to give your crack slaw a south of the border flavor and feel. Just like with any other crackslaw recipe you can tinker around with the ingredients to get the flavor just right for you.
Some people might want more lime juice for a more piquant flavor in their Mexican crack slaw, or more chili if they like it hot. It’s totally up to you, and you can also serve some low carb Mexican side dishes like avocado slices, sour cream, shredded or grated Mexican cheese, or anything else you wish. Continue reading
This pork and beef crackslaw recipe is made using a combination of pork and beef. Although you can make crackslaw with any kind of ground meat (including poultry if you wish) I find that combining pork with beef gives a pleasing result. The pork is juicy and the beef has its own distinctive flavor.
They just combine well, especially when making something like pork and beef crackslaw. Here in Holland you can’t buy ground pork by itself (at least not in my local store) which is why I use the half and half mixture quite a lot. Yes I could grind my own pork but I haven’t yet done that. I do have a meat grinder attachment on my food processor and I guess I will get around to trying it out one day (along with the juicer attachment!)
In this recipe I also used ready-shredded vegetables like these (cabbage on the left, carrot with onion on the right). If you prefer to shred your own then of course that is fine too, and often works out cheaper. I got my shredded veggies on sale.
The bag on the right is labeled “hutspot” which is a Dutch dish made by mashing potatoes with carrot and onion. But it is also very nice in pork and beef crackslaw I have discovered! And you can get it in pretty much any grocery store here because it’s very popular.
- Wonton Soup RecipesThere are hundreds of different wonton soup recipes to choose from and you can even make your own variations by switching one kind of meat for another, using different vegetables or even using a different kind of stock or broth for the wonton soup. The word “wonton” literally means “swallowing a cloud” and that is what the floating wontons are meant to resemble in the soup. You can serve wonton soup recipes for lunch or dinner, or serve small portions as an appetizer. One of the more unusual wonton soup recipes is duck wonton soup and the following recipe shows you how to make this delicious dish. You can make this .....
- Chicken Biryani with DrumsticksThis tasty Indian dish, chicken biryani with drumsticks, offers an incredible flavor and it is not difficult to prepare. I had my first authentic Indian biryani when I was backpacking around India and the flavor really blew me away. This recipe originated in the Indian subcontinent or Persia, and it is enjoyed all over Central and South Asia, as well as in the Middle East. Rice, spices and meat and/or vegetables are the main ingredients. Biryani may be compared to pulao rice but biryani is usually cooked with layered meat and rice and pulao is not layered at all. Chicken biryani with drumsticks is usually a main dish while pulao tends to be .....
- 7 Great Cheeseburger TipsSometimes nothing can beat the comfort food appeal of a juicy, freshly cooked hamburger. If you make cheeseburgers at home, you might be interested in learning a few handy cheeseburger tips to ensure your burgers always come out perfectly. One of the most important parts of your cheeseburger is the meat you use for the patty. For the best results, you should choose 80/20 ground meat. That means it is 80% lean and 20% fat. If you use lean, or worse still extra-lean, meat, you will end up with a dry burger, and that is never attractive. Fat isn’t the enemy. Serve your burger with some salad or a vegetable side dish to balance out the .....
- How to Steam ChickenAfter you have discovered just how delicious your steamed ground beef wontons are, you might like to try steaming something else. Learn how to steam chicken and discover a brand new way of making it. After all, your steamer is a very handy piece of apparatus. So how about steaming a chicken? This is very healthy since you don’t need to add fat, and the water (the steam) keeps the meat moist and juicy. Cook small birds, like the Cornish hen, whole or larger ones in pieces, maybe just the breast or even quarters if you have a larger steamer. If you do not have an electric steamer, you can use a bamboo steamer or metal rack above a pan of .....
- Making Appetizers Everyone Will LoveThere is a lot to be said for sticking to classic recipes when making appetizers. Everyone loves crisps, olives, cheese, chicken wings and cold cuts after all, don’t they? Even though this might seem like the safe route to take when planning easy party appetizers, it is fun to create memorable appetizers too. Obviously, you want your starters to be memorable for all the right reasons, not because one of your guests suffered third degree burns when biting into a piping hot appetizer or stained his shirt with a messy red dip because you forgot to provide napkins! Making appetizers everyone will love is a mixture of creativity, know-how .....
- Crispy Chicken on Kale SaladSometimes the best salads are those which team contrasting ingredients. Take this one, for example. The crispy warm chicken contrasts with the cool kale salad perfectly. I often used mixed salad leaves instead of kale, but my husband loves kale so I use that whenever I can. This crispy chicken on kale salad is so good! The Perfect Contrast The chicken is coated in a tasty panko and parmesan mixture and baked in the oven until it is golden brown and crispy, then you can slice it and serve it on top of the tangy honey-mustard dressed salad. This crispy chicken on kale salad sounds good but tastes even better. This is filling, nutritious and .....
- Sparkly Swarovski Cat CollarsSwarovski crystals are beautiful and if you are looking for an extra special collar for your feline friend then why not buy Swarovski cat collars? Costing less than you might imagine, these lovely collars will look gorgeous on your cat. I have tried a few different ones, although my favorite is the simple 10-diamonds on velvet style. My cat Cleo is black with flashes of gray in her fur, so I usually go with a bright color like pink or red. She’s 9 so she has had a few collars and she had her current one for a couple of years so far. Choosing Swarovski cat collars is not difficult. Just pick out something which you like and make sure .....
- Seafood Stuffed SquidThis classic recipe for seafood stuffed squid combines shrimp, fish and squid to make a seafood-rich meal. You will need large squid for this. Each one is stuffed with shrimp, and fish and then you make a sauce using tomato, paprika, bread, wine and onion which goes over the squid. The sauce flavors the squid, adds moisture to the dish and also looks good on the plate when you serve the seafood stuffed squid. Cut the squid into slices to serve for the best-looking result. The filling for this seafood stuffed squid should match the amount of squid but if you have any leftover squid including the tentacles, you can cut it into rings and .....
- Choosing Kitchen Cabinets and CountersThe kitchen is the heart of the house, so choosing kitchen cabinets and counters is something you ought to take your time doing. This room is where you make delicious meals, congregate during parties and get the family together for a relaxing dinner. But even though you might have all the best kitchen gadgets, your kitchen cabinets and kitchen counters might need replacing. Why Replace Them Anyway Perhaps your cabinets are too small or they do not match the rest of the kitchen, which is why you are choosing kitchen cabinets and counters. Before you rush out to buy new ones, there are a few things to think about. How many cabinets do you need .....
- Beef and Avocado Wrap with Horseradish DressingIf you are looking for brand new lunch ideas, this beef and avocado wrap is certainly deserving of your consideration. Teaming juicy roast beef with fresh avocado and a homemade horseradish dressing, this is just so good. I had some deli beef and a tortilla in the refrigerator and decided to make a horseradish dressing rather than just spooning in some of the horseradish sauce. I also had half an avocado left over from some tortilla pizzas I made last night, so threw that in there too. The resulting beef and avocado wrap sandwich was amazing and I immediately went out and made another! Variations and Tweaks for a Beef and Avocado Wrap You .....