This is definitely the tastiest marinade for steak. We love a good steak in this house – rib-eye, filet mignon, sirloin, rump steak – the cut doesn’t matter because each of these boasts an incredible taste. When prepared correctly, steak has a melt-in-the-mouth texture.
I don’t always use marinades when preparing steak but when I do I often use this one because it enhances the natural meaty steak flavor so well and for me this is for sure the tastiest marinade for steak.
How Long to Marinate Steak in the Marinade
A tough steak like chuck, skirt or flank can marinate overnight but if you are cooking something more delicate then 20 or 30 minutes is plenty long enough for the meat to soak up the marinade flavors.
Avoid giving it much longer, else it might go a bit ‘soft’ which translates as mushy not tender, and of course that is not something desirable. Making the tastiest marinade for steak is also about timing, not just ingredients.
The flavors in the tastiest marinade for steak are bold and vibrant. You have mustard (Dijon or any favorite variety will work) as well as balsamic vinegar for sweetness and Worcestershire sauce which always goes well with steak. The soy sauce adds a salty taste and the garlic adds a fragrant finish.
Combine all the ingredients for the tastiest steak marinade and then add your steak. You can either use a glass or Pyrex dish or perhaps a large Ziploc bag instead. Turn the steak once halfway through the marinating.
How to Cook the Marinated Steak
Let any excess marinade drain off the steak before you cook it. If you are marinating it briefly then it will already be at room temperature. If you are marinating it for longer, in the refrigerator, let it reach room temperature before cooking. Putting a cold steak on the grill, under the broiler or in the pan will cause it to ‘seize up’ and that yields a tougher texture, so avoid doing that.Print
Amazing Tasty Marinade for Steak
Combining mustard, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and more, this marinade adds plenty of lovely flavor to your meat without overpowering its natural rich taste. This is very easy to make too.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Marinade
- 2 teaspoons prepared Dijon mustard
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) soy sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 4 steaks (sirloin, filet mignon, rump etc)
- Mix the mustard with the garlic, soy sauce, oil, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour this mixture over your steaks in a shallow glass dish.
- Let it marinate for about half an hour at room temperature, then cook to your preferred doneness.
- If you are marinating a tougher cut of meat you can give it a few hours marinating time in the refrigerator instead.
- Discard the marinade.
- You will love the results the tastiest marinade for steak gives your meat!
- Use any kind of mustard you want – I like mild-medium heat wholegrain mustard
- This recipe makes 1 cup (about 250ml)
Keywords: best marinade for steak, easy marinade for steak, steak marinade with mustard