These are fantastic for Halloween, and suitable for the kids and grownups too. The desserts are served in little jars and you can tie some black ribbon around them to add that festive feel. Why not try this Halloween candy corn brûlée pots this Halloween?
The recipe is made in stages. You will be making several layers, then assembling the Halloween candy crème brûlée pots at the end and using a kitchen torch to get the sugar topping nice and crispy. If you don’t have a kitchen torch just omit the last part.
Halloween Candy Corn Brûlée pots Make Great Halloween Fare
Halloween is a great time to experiment in the kitchen. You can rustle up all kinds of wonderful treats both sweet and savory, and these Halloween candy corn brûlée pots are certain to steal the show regardless of whatever else you have on your spook-tacular table.
There are many types of cheesecake to choose from – chocolate, caramel, strawberry… the list goes on. Banana cheesecake is especially good though, and better still it is easy to make. This dessert is wonderful after any kind of main dish and you will probably want seconds because it’s so good!
Our recipe uses vanilla wafer cookies and butter to make the crust, then the main layer is made with mashed bananas, sugar, cornstarch, eggs, cream and vanilla. The banana cheesecake is baked briefly in a hot oven then finished off in a cooler oven. When the middle is nearly set but still a little jiggly it is done.
How to Serve this Banana Cheesecake
Serve this with a few banana slices if you like. If you are cutting the banana more than a few minutes before serving the cheesecake, coat the slices in lime or lemon juice else they will turn brown.
Some More Hot Content For You
Learning to how many crème brûlée is easy, and this creamy, sweet dessert is very tasty after any kind of main dish. Crème brûlée, sometimes mis-spelt as crème brule, is also known as crema catalana, Trinity cream and burnt cream. But what is creme brulee exactly?
The rich custard base is topped with a hard caramel layer, and it is usually served at room temperature although it can also be served chilled if you want to make it ahead.
More about Crème Brûlée
Vanilla is the typical flavor for crème brûlée but there are other possibilities, including coconut, chocolate or coffee. This dessert dates back to at least the late 1600s. This dessert is similar to ‘flan’ which is a Spanish dessert served without the caramelized top.
This dessert is often served in individual ramekins and the top can be made separately and added, or else you can sprinkle sugar on the finished desserts, then use a cooking torch or broiler to caramelize it.
Our recipe only needs 5 ingredients. You will need egg, cream, white and brown sugar, and vanilla to make it, and this recipe is pretty easy to follow. Serve the dessert as it is or pair it with some fresh berries for a colorful contrast. We like it with fresh strawberries and even a sprig of fresh mint. When learning what is creme brulee and how to make it, you will also want to consider garnishes.
This baked Alaska recipe with caramel sauce is one of my favorite desserts, teaming delicious, refreshing ice cream with perfect meringue. Here we are serving the baked Alaska with caramel sauce to make the dessert even more decadent. This dessert is served cold, and the meringue completely covers the ice cream inside, making it look like a big iceberg, hence the name.
Although you can make individual baked Alaska desserts, we like to make one big ones, using a small ready-made chocolate sponge cake, topping that with 2 kinds of ice cream, and then adding the sweet, sticky meringue mixture. I bet you can’t wait to try this baked Alaska recipe with caramel sauce.
You can use another kind of ice cream if you want, although the vanilla and caramel flavors do go nicely here. Sometimes I make this with vanilla, strawberry and chocolate ice cream for a classic baked Alaska flavor, but anything you want to use is good. Continue reading
This is a rich and tasty chocolate walnut cake featuring all the best sweet flavors that go amazingly together. Chocolate cake is good, as is walnut cake, but combine the two and – bam! You have an incredible cake boasting the rich taste of chocolate and the distinctive crunch of walnut in every mouthful. This cake is easy to prepare and decorating it with the ganache is a breeze.
To make this flavorful cake you are going to need butter, chocolate, cocoa, coffee, eggs, sugar and walnuts. The frosting uses cream and dark chocolate along with some more walnuts to garnish the finished cake.
When to Make this Chocolate Walnut Cake
This chocolate walnut cake is suitable for all kinds of special occasions, such as a birthday or christening, or you might want to make it if you’re in charge of the dessert part of a potluck buffet or simply because you want to try a brand new cake recipe.
Chocolate walnut cake recipes vary but this one is particularly straightforward so you should find it very easy. It’s best if you have a mixer and microwave, but you can still make it (just with a bit more elbow grease) even if not.
Summer is a great time for refreshing and fruit-based desserts and other tempting, light summer dessert ideas. If you want to linger a bit longer at the dinner table and savor something sweet while you do it there are plenty of choices. Most of the time you will want to serve something to either cool people down or showcase the wonderful summer fruits available during the warm months of the year.
A favorite summer dessert is ice cream. To make this common dish a little more special you can make it yourself. If you have an ice cream maker and a little bit of time you can create a special recipe for whatever you’re craving that day, thinking up your own summer dessert ideas with ice cream.
If you don’t have access to an ice cream maker an easy and healthy alternative is to make ice cream using frozen bananas. If you have a blender or food processor you can blend frozen bananas with any choice of mix-ins to create a delicious and surprisingly creamy dessert. A couple favorites are to mix in peanut butter, strawberries, or just a little vanilla extract and cinnamon before blending.
- Pork and Beef Crackslaw with Shredded VeggiesThis pork and beef crackslaw recipe is made using a combination of pork and beef. Although you can make crackslaw with any kind of ground meat (including poultry if you wish) I find that combining pork with beef gives a pleasing result. The pork is juicy and the beef has its own distinctive flavor. They just combine well, especially when making something like pork and beef crackslaw. Here in Holland you can’t buy ground pork by itself (at least not in my local store) which is why I use the half and half mixture quite a lot. Yes I could grind my own pork but I haven’t yet done that. I do have a meat grinder attachment on my food .....
- How to Prepare a Cheese BoardA cheese board or cheese platter is always a popular sight at the table, whether served as a starter or after the meal. There are no hard and fast rules about setting up a cheese platter but we offer you some tips about putting together a tasty selection of cheeses. Learn how to prepare a cheese board and you will be able to rustle up this snack, appetizer or dessert alternative anytime the mood strikes. Choosing the Cheeses Aim for diversity in appearance, flavor and style. You might want to offer a hard cheese, a soft cheese and a blue cheese for example. Or you can serve three semi hard cheeses which are similar in texture but offer .....
- Creamy Pumpkin BakeThis creamy pumpkin bake is a low carb recipe you will love. Serve it as a snack, dessert or appetizer. There are very few ingredients required so this would be perfect for any home cook, novice, advanced, or anything between these two. Our creamy pumpkin bake is something you might already have all the ingredients for, so why not get stuck in and make this? It is quick and easy to prepare and you will be so glad you made it. I love pumpkin and it’s available for most of the year here in its fresh form. It also keeps a long time. I buy canned pumpkin and that lasts for ages in the pantry, but make sure you choose the sugar-free kind. .....
- Tastiest Marinade for SteakWe love a good steak in this house – rib-eye, filet mignon, sirloin, rump steak – the cut doesn’t matter because each of these boasts an incredible taste. When prepared correctly, steak has a melt-in-the-mouth texture. I don’t always use marinades when preparing steak but when I do I often use this one because it enhances the natural meaty steak flavor so well and for me this is for sure the tastiest marinade for steak. How Long to Marinate Steak in the Marinade A tough steak like chuck, skirt or flank can marinate overnight but if you are cooking something more delicate then 20 or 30 minutes is plenty long enough for .....
- Round Bath TubsRound bath tubs have always been seen as luxurious, and only for large homes or hotel rooms. In fact, a lot of people have never even climbed into such a bath. However, this style is becoming more popular than ever before and is now considered a standard tub to own. You can buy round bath tubs in many places that sell regular rectangular type ones, so it is just down to personal preference and of course the amount of space you happen to have in your bathroom. It goes without saying that a round one is not going to fit in a square corner......
- Lunch at the Manor House at the Houstonian | A ReviewBefore I move on to my experience at the Manor House at the Houstonian, allow me to share just a little bit of background. My husband and I moved to Houston last year, in July to be precise, and we wasted no time diving into Houston’s amazingly diverse culinary world. We ate at so many different places, trying to get a feel for what was popular locally and, well, simply enjoy these gastronomic experiences. We tried chain restaurants, Mom ‘n Pop places, Japanese, Korean, Southern, French… well actually, a little bit of everything. And you know what I realized first? Two things. First… Texans like their food. Whether .....
- Quick ‘n Easy Lemon and Lime SalmonThis is an incredibly easy recipe and a great way to prepare salmon. Here we are adding lemon and lime juice to the fish, along with lemon and lime zest if you like. You could stick to either lemon or lime or, like I prefer to do, use some of each for a more interesting flavor in this lemon and lime salmon recipe. Add the zest too if you want, to add more citrus flavor to the salmon and also to add a decorative touch. Last time I made this lemon and lime salmon recipe, I sprinkled some Old Bay seasoning over the salmon. I wasn’t sure whether my husband would like it because he hates celery and celery seed is a major ingredient in Old .....
- How Many Calories in WineA lot of people dieting know how many calories are in food, or at least they have some idea and then find out the rest, so they can keep a record, but how about calories in wine because those count just as much. Wine drinkers might be surprised how many calories are in their favorite tipple. In fact, if you drink wine it’s vital to know. So, how many calories in wine exactly? Although most wines are less than 100 calories a glass that is not always the case and of course it depends on the serving size. Wine is lower in calories than a lot of other alcoholic drinks, with Sauvignon Blanc and Zinfandel at less than 80 calories a serving. .....
- Steamed Vegetable Wontons with BroccoliThis recipe combines broccoli, green onion, carrot, garlic and Asian condiments for a vegetarian-friendly wonton recipe. The wontons are steamed so you do not have to use any fat in the recipe either. If you are looking for something healthy and nutritious, which is easy enough for a beginner home cook to put together then you might be interested in this steamed vegetable wontons with broccoli recipe, especially if you like steamed dumplings. Wontons can be deep-fried, steamed, cooked in a soup or baked, but steaming gives them a lovely texture and cooks them gently. Make sure the filling is well mashed up before adding it and don’t .....
- Baked Chicken Wings with Paprika and CayenneThese baked chicken wings are so good. If you are in the mood for chicken wings but you don’t want to fry them, try this recipe instead because they come out just as crispy as fried wings but are healthier because they aren’t going to be submerged in fat. A Flavorful Coating for Baked Chicken Wings The coating is made with flour, paprika, garlic salt, pepper and cayenne, and the wings are cooked in a little butter to crisp them up and stop them sticking to the baking dish. Swap the cayenne pepper for Hungarian paprika if you want, or the garlic salt for regular salt and a pinch of garlic powder, and the flavor of our baked .....