These are fantastic for Halloween, and suitable for the kids and grownups too. The desserts are served in little jars and you can tie some black ribbon around them to add that festive feel. Why not try this Halloween candy corn brûlée pots this Halloween?
The recipe is made in stages. You will be making several layers, then assembling the Halloween candy crème brûlée pots at the end and using a kitchen torch to get the sugar topping nice and crispy. If you don’t have a kitchen torch just omit the last part.
Halloween Candy Corn Brûlée pots Make Great Halloween Fare
Halloween is a great time to experiment in the kitchen. You can rustle up all kinds of wonderful treats both sweet and savory, and these Halloween candy corn brûlée pots are certain to steal the show regardless of whatever else you have on your spook-tacular table.
There are many types of cheesecake to choose from – chocolate, caramel, strawberry… the list goes on. Banana cheesecake is especially good though, and better still it is easy to make. This dessert is wonderful after any kind of main dish and you will probably want seconds because it’s so good!
Our recipe uses vanilla wafer cookies and butter to make the crust, then the main layer is made with mashed bananas, sugar, cornstarch, eggs, cream and vanilla. The banana cheesecake is baked briefly in a hot oven then finished off in a cooler oven. When the middle is nearly set but still a little jiggly it is done.
How to Serve this Banana Cheesecake
Serve this with a few banana slices if you like. If you are cutting the banana more than a few minutes before serving the cheesecake, coat the slices in lime or lemon juice else they will turn brown.
Some More Hot Content For You
Learning to how many crème brûlée is easy, and this creamy, sweet dessert is very tasty after any kind of main dish. Crème brûlée, sometimes mis-spelt as crème brule, is also known as crema catalana, Trinity cream and burnt cream. But what is creme brulee exactly?
The rich custard base is topped with a hard caramel layer, and it is usually served at room temperature although it can also be served chilled if you want to make it ahead.
More about Crème Brûlée
Vanilla is the typical flavor for crème brûlée but there are other possibilities, including coconut, chocolate or coffee. This dessert dates back to at least the late 1600s. This dessert is similar to ‘flan’ which is a Spanish dessert served without the caramelized top.
This dessert is often served in individual ramekins and the top can be made separately and added, or else you can sprinkle sugar on the finished desserts, then use a cooking torch or broiler to caramelize it.
Our recipe only needs 5 ingredients. You will need egg, cream, white and brown sugar, and vanilla to make it, and this recipe is pretty easy to follow. Serve the dessert as it is or pair it with some fresh berries for a colorful contrast. We like it with fresh strawberries and even a sprig of fresh mint. When learning what is creme brulee and how to make it, you will also want to consider garnishes.
This baked Alaska recipe with caramel sauce is one of my favorite desserts, teaming delicious, refreshing ice cream with perfect meringue. Here we are serving the baked Alaska with caramel sauce to make the dessert even more decadent. This dessert is served cold, and the meringue completely covers the ice cream inside, making it look like a big iceberg, hence the name.
Although you can make individual baked Alaska desserts, we like to make one big ones, using a small ready-made chocolate sponge cake, topping that with 2 kinds of ice cream, and then adding the sweet, sticky meringue mixture. I bet you can’t wait to try this baked Alaska recipe with caramel sauce.
You can use another kind of ice cream if you want, although the vanilla and caramel flavors do go nicely here. Sometimes I make this with vanilla, strawberry and chocolate ice cream for a classic baked Alaska flavor, but anything you want to use is good. Continue reading
This is a rich and tasty chocolate walnut cake featuring all the best sweet flavors that go amazingly together. Chocolate cake is good, as is walnut cake, but combine the two and – bam! You have an incredible cake boasting the rich taste of chocolate and the distinctive crunch of walnut in every mouthful. This cake is easy to prepare and decorating it with the ganache is a breeze.
To make this flavorful cake you are going to need butter, chocolate, cocoa, coffee, eggs, sugar and walnuts. The frosting uses cream and dark chocolate along with some more walnuts to garnish the finished cake.
When to Make this Chocolate Walnut Cake
This chocolate walnut cake is suitable for all kinds of special occasions, such as a birthday or christening, or you might want to make it if you’re in charge of the dessert part of a potluck buffet or simply because you want to try a brand new cake recipe.
Chocolate walnut cake recipes vary but this one is particularly straightforward so you should find it very easy. It’s best if you have a mixer and microwave, but you can still make it (just with a bit more elbow grease) even if not.
Summer is a great time for refreshing and fruit-based desserts and other tempting, light summer dessert ideas. If you want to linger a bit longer at the dinner table and savor something sweet while you do it there are plenty of choices. Most of the time you will want to serve something to either cool people down or showcase the wonderful summer fruits available during the warm months of the year.
A favorite summer dessert is ice cream. To make this common dish a little more special you can make it yourself. If you have an ice cream maker and a little bit of time you can create a special recipe for whatever you’re craving that day, thinking up your own summer dessert ideas with ice cream.
If you don’t have access to an ice cream maker an easy and healthy alternative is to make ice cream using frozen bananas. If you have a blender or food processor you can blend frozen bananas with any choice of mix-ins to create a delicious and surprisingly creamy dessert. A couple favorites are to mix in peanut butter, strawberries, or just a little vanilla extract and cinnamon before blending.
- Fruits de Mer RecipePlateau de fruits de mer is the French term for seafood platter, and this recipe comprises both cooked and raw seafood on a chilled platter, often on a bed of ice. If you order a fruits de mer recipe, you can expect shellfish along with bread, mayonnaise (preferably homemade) and condiments like cocktail sauce and mignonette sauce. The serving platter will be above table level on some kind of stand, and sometimes there are several tiers, both to make it look for elegant, and also because some of the shellfish is served on the half-shell or in the full shell, and then it takes up a lot of room. A fruits de mer recipe is traditionally served .....
- Crab Rangoon Wontons Made with Gyoza WrappersI had a problem a couple days back. I was in the mood for crispy wontons and having recently bought a deep fat fryer and knowing I had some wonton skins in the freezer, I didn’t think anything could go wrong. However, the wonton wrappers were broken! I still fancied some crab rangoon wontons though. Can you use gyoza wrappers for wontons, I wondered. Would crab rangoon wontons made with gyoza wrappers actually work? Only one way to find out! Making Wontons with Gyoza Skins Gyoza wrappers are round not square and they are thicker than wonton wrappers. When I make gyoza I usually steam them or make potstickers so I was not sure how they .....
- Salmon in Mustard Cream SauceSalmon is a powerhouse of nutrition. This salmon in mustard cream sauce recipe is just one idea for incorporating this juicy fish into a recipe. Wild-caught salmon boasts sweetness as well as a fatty touch which balances things out beautifully for the perfect mouth-feel. This would be beautiful with any kind of potatoes – mashed, boiled (with dill weed!) or crispy and roasted, along with your favorite green vegetable. Broccoli, zucchini (courgette) and green beans are definite contenders. Personally I love grilled green asparagus, so consider that as well. If you want to double up on the sauce it would make a fine vegetarian dip for .....
- Old Bay Shrimp and Apple SaladThis Old Bay shrimp and apple salad is a gorgeous recipe. It looks really nice served in little glasses with edible flowers as a garnish, but it can also be served over lettuce or baby salad leaves if you prefer. This Old Bay shrimp and apple salad is a nice way to begin any kind of meal, and it is especially good during the summer when you don’t want to cook. We are using shrimp, and you can use little ones or chop larger ones. Make sure they are peeled and deveined first. Canned or thawed shrimp are fine here. You will also need some red apple and onion for crunch. The dressing for our Old Bay shrimp and apple salad is made with .....
- Duck Breast a l’Orange with Grand MarnierEasy to make yet sure to deliver a flavor that wows, duck breast a l’orange makes a fantastic dinner, whether you are serving it up to the family or considering what to make for a dinner party or special occasion. Our duck breast a l’orange recipe combines duck breast with orange, Grand Marnier for a special touch, cream, and bouillon, and the result is a perfectly balanced dish. If you do not want to buy a whole bottle of Grand Marnier (or similar orange liqueur) just get a miniature, or even omit it if you prefer. This duck breast recipe is easy enough for any home cook to manage with ease, even if it is your first time .....
- Steamed Wontons with TofuThis recipe combines tofu, cabbage and carrot with delicious seasonings like hoisin sauce, sesame oil and more, for sensational steamed wontons. Whether you are a vegetarian and therefore looking for vegetarian wontons, or whether you just like tofu, there is no doubt this steamed wontons with tofu recipe is fantastic. Tofu is really versatile and you can stir-fry it, bake it, grill it (the firm kind anyway) or use it in a vegetarian wonton recipe as a substitute for another kind of protein, and it will soak up all the other flavors in the dish, and offer a pleasing texture as well. Maybe you are wondering how to use a bamboo steamer and the .....
- Mexican Spiced Hot ChocolateWhen the weather is cold outside and you want to sip on something hot and comforting, what better beverage could there be than Mexican spiced hot chocolate? But we are not talking about just any hot chocolate here. There is regular hot chocolate and then there is a south of the border delight! For the ultimate satisfying drink, make some Mexican spiced hot chocolate and allow the chocolate to caress your soul while the spices offer added warmth and flavor. Nice and Spicy Chipotle chili pepper and cinnamon add a lovely touch to this Mexican spiced hot chocolate, and you will love the finished flavor. Feel free to use your favorite cocoa or .....
- Deep-Fry Like a Chinese ChefAlthough stir-frying is more popular in Chinese cuisine than deep-frying, it is worth learning both. Discover how to deep-fry like a Chinese chef and it will open up many new possibilities of Chinese dishes you can prepare. You can either use a wok or a deep-fat fryer for deep-frying. If you are using a wok, slide the food in carefully, as you will not want spattering if you are going to professionally deep-fry like a Chinese chef. Add the ingredients in small amounts and do not crowd the wok, else you might get spillage or spattering, or the temperature might drop too fast. Most recipes will suggest that you heat to oil to about 365 degrees .....
- Low Carb Crab Crackslaw for Seafood LoversCut the carbs in your diet by using seafood and low carb ingredients to make a tasty meal. This crab crackslaw recipe features crab instead of the beef used in the original recipe. This is a rich, spicy recipe so the crab flavor is not so strong but that is what we are aiming for here, a dish with a hint of seafood flavor. And lots of typical crackslaw flavor. Crab is recommended if you are low-carbing but if you want to replace the crab with crabsticks or imitation crab watch out, because those do contain carbs and sometimes sugars which you obviously want to avoid when making low carb crab crackslaw. Canned crab is an economical .....
- Baked Stuffed Zucchini BoatsLow in calories but high in flavor, this wonderful baked stuffed zucchini boats recipe is sure to please your palate. The middles of the zucchini are scooped out and then you can add a wonderful ham and cheese filling, and bake them to perfection. This is a very easy baked stuffed zucchini boats recipe which is nice served with Spanish rice or risotto, and just as nice served alone as a savory snack. If you want to make this dish vegetarian friendly, simply omit the ham, or else you might like to swap it for shrimp, salmon, walnuts, or pretty much anything else. Tweak the Filling to Make It Your Own The main ingredients in this baked stuffed .....