This is my current favorite crunch Asian salad with sesame dressing recipe. It contrasts crunchy and soft ingredients and boasts a wonderful Asian flavor in every mouthful. What really finishes it off perfectly is the roasted sesame dressing. I like to use rice noodles for this, although egg noodles would also work, or even thick udon noodles.
For the vegetables in this Asian salad with sesame dressing, I like to use edamame beans, grated carrot and radish. You can either thaw some frozen shelled edamame beans or use fresh shelled ones, as you prefer.
Buy grated carrot to save time when making an Asian salad with sesame dressing, else you can shred or grate your own in, maybe in a food processor or using a julienne peeler. If you want to use other ingredients instead, consider blanched broccoli florets or asparagus spears. Continue reading
This edamame noodle salad is a fantastic recipe and boasts wonderful Asian accents in every mouthful. Making this edamame salad recipe couldn’t be simpler. You just need to prepare and combine the salad ingredients, whisk all the dressing ingredients together then combine the lot to make a colorful, healthy salad. This is a vegetarian edamame salad but swapping the honey for agave nectar makes this a vegetarian edamame salad if you want to do that instead. If you aren’t vegetarian or vegan, feel free to add some shredded cooked chicken breast to the mix.
This edamame noodle salad makes a great lunch and because there are no creamy ingredients in there or anything that means it needs to be refrigerated all the time, you might want to take it to work and have it for lunch. It certainly makes a change from sandwiches anyway! You could even serve this with meat or seafood as a side dish.
You can find edamame already shelled in the freezer aisle. Just thaw it overnight in the refrigerator then drain off any water that comes off. You can also buy these beans in their shells but then you will have to cook and shell them, which makes more work for you.
Some More Hot Content For You
This warm duck breast salad is one of my favorite recipes, and my husband especially loves this dish! It is really easy to make too, and a good introduction to the joys of working with duck breast. It does not take long to make. In fact you can have it ready in under half an hour, including both cooking and prep time.
This warm duck breast salad is filling enough to be the main dish, but if you were looking for an appetizer duck salad then simply use this recipe to serve 4 and it will make a tasty, filling appetizer dish, or even 6 if you don’t want such large appetizer servings.
Any leftover duck can always be refrigerated then used the following day to make tasty sandwiches. It will keep for a few days in the refrigerator actually, in a covered container. Chop it and add it to a risotto, pasta dish, pilaf, or something else.
The dressing is a simple 4-ingredient mixture which brings out the beauty of the duck flavor, while the salad can be anything you like, although keeping it simple with salad leaves, tomatoes and green onions is a good idea.
These chicken potstickers are so good. One is never enough. Ten is too many. Well maybe. They’re just so tasty you’ll want to keep popping them into your mouthy! Potstickers are an Asian delight, and these little snacks are usually filled with meat and vegetables, along with Chinese seasonings. Pork is often used, but here we are using chicken instead.
This chicken potstickers recipe is very simple to make and the potstickers make fantastic appetizers, whether you want to serve hot snacks with drinks, or a first course before your entree at dinner.
You can use turkey if you prefer it to chicken. Along with the poultry these potstickers include cabbage and green onions, along with ginger, sesame oil and garlic for flavor. First you make the filling for these chicken potstickers and then you will be dividing the filling between the gyoza or wonton wrappers to make the potstickers. They are then fried and then steamed, to give them the golden brown crust on the bottom and soft finish on top, the qualities they are famed for.
Chicken yakitori is a Japanese dish made with chicken meat or chicken offal which is threaded on to bamboo skewers and grilled. Order a chicken yakitori recipe in a restaurant in Japan and you will be asked whether you want it done with salt or with tare sauce (a sake, soy sauce, sugar and mirin condiment) and this will go on the chicken before cooking.
A Traditional Japanese Flavor
The following chicken yakitori recipe is very simple to make and you will love the flavor of it. The chicken is flavored with mirin, soy sauce, sugar, garlic and green onion, then grilled until done. While any part of the chicken can be used to make yakitori in Japan, like the breast, thighs, giblets or liver, I like to use chicken thighs because they are tasty and moist. Continue reading
The first time I saw a photo of Vietnamese summer rolls I just thought ‘wow’! I love spring rolls (egg rolls) because of their wonderful crispy exterior, but summer rolls are slightly different, still oozing Asian character but featuring a very different coating and a more subtle, fragrant characteristic which you will love.
These are lovely in the summer (hence the name) but perfect served as an appetizer or light meal any time of the year.
What are Vietnamese Summer Rolls?
A summer roll is a Vietnamese dish made by enclosing a filling in a soft rice paper wrap. Typical ingredients used to make the filling include shrimp, pork, rice vermicelli, and vegetables. Continue reading
- Octopus and Squid Stir FryLast night I decided to make seafood so I grabbed some raw squid (calamari) tubes and also 2 cooked octopus legs. I had an idea of how to cook them but wasn’t sure how to reheat the octopus without it going tough. I really wanted an octopus and squid stir fry though, so I went ahead with it. On the package it said to give it a couple of minutes in the microwave but I wasn’t keen on that idea. Instead I prepared a stir-fry type dish with the squid, then added the octopus at the end and just stirred it into the rest of the mixture until it was warmed through. It came out really well and octopus and squid stir fry is something I .....
- How to Grill MusselsWhen the weather is cold, mussels steamed in the pan with white wine and parsley makes a wonderful meal, served with warm garlic bread. Then maybe follow them up with some mulled wine or hot apple cider. This is why everyone should know how to cook mussels. When the weather turns warm, such a dish might not offer the same appeal but that’s when the barbecue comes into play and grilling season is in full swing. In the following recipe we are taking live mussels and cooking them in foil packets. They are served with a butter, parsley and white wine sauce, along with some bread. This makes a lovely appetizer for 4 or an entrée for 2. If .....
- 2 Ingredient Crockpot BBQ BeefI often make this dish because it is so simple, and all you need to make it are 2 ingredients – beef and BBQ sauce. Any tough cut of beef which needs to be braised or slow cooked will work, so opt for braising or stewing steak, or something like skirt or flank. You will also need a crockpot and it is up to you whether you want to cook this 2 ingredient crockpot BBQ beef recipe on high, medium or low. How Long Should 2 Ingredient Crockpot BBQ Beef Cook? Use high and the beef will be done in about 5 hours. Double that for low, and guess somewhere in between the 2 for medium. Of course, the exact time depends on your crockpot and the meat .....
- Spanx Control UnderwearWomen’s control underwear is the easy, pain-free way of smoothing out those love handles as well as your belly and other bits and pieces you would prefer weren’t there. Maybe you already own Spanx control underwear to keep those wobbly bits under control. Browse and shop for all the best control underwear and wear figure-hugging skirts and dresses once more. Control panties are just as comfortable as regular panties. The material stretches and holds you in, and you will forget you are wearing them. Spanx Control Underwear : Plenty of Choice Body contouring undergarments are available from lingerie stores and you can also buy this .....
- Ham and Cheese French ToastFrench toast, also known as eggy bread, makes a great breakfast. The bread is usually dipped in beaten eggs and then pan-fried until golden brown. This recipe takes the classic French toast to the next level, however, by adding ham and cheese to the mix. This is known as a Monte Cristo sandwich, and can be pan-fried or deep-fried. Ham and cheese French toast is something kids love, and so do the grownups! Serve ham and cheese French toast with some ketchup for breakfast, brunch or a hot snack at any time, and enjoy the wonderful flavors. This is a snack which is sure to keep you feeling satisfied until your next meal. Serve these sandwiches .....
- Colorful and Easy Pearl Couscous SaladPearl couscous is also known as giant couscous or Israeli couscous. It is enjoyed with tomato paste and fried onion in Israel and usually fed to children, but in other countries it is served as an ingredient to substitute rice, potatoes or another starch. Try this pearl couscous salad if you’re looking for new ways to serve it or new homemade salad ideas. Pearl couscous can be served hot or cold. It does not clump as much as North African couscous (the smaller grains) and you can reheat pearl couscous without it losing its texture or shape. Have you seen it in the store? Next time you spot it on the shelf grab yourself a package .....
- 1950s Kitchen StyleRetro is very popular right now and if you are thinking about designing your kitchen in a 1950s decor style it is quite easy to find 1950s kitchen style accessories. With a retro style 50s kitchen you can incorporate the funky 50s look with a modern 21st century kitchen. The 1950s were an optimistic, prosperous and conservative time and entertainment was revolutionized with the invention of televisions, rock and roll and new movies. Fifties Kitchen Style Airy, open floor plans were popular and kitchens were being outfitted with new stainless steel and chrome appliances, which make cooking easier and faster. Pastel colors like pink, yellow, .....
- Easy Creamed Spinach RecipeCreamed spinach makes a lovely side dish and it is very easy to prepare. Try out this easy creamed spinach recipe if you want to make your own from scratch. It really is good. Grab a bag of spinach and then just add some cream cheese and seasonings. The recipe also features some optional ingredients so you can ensure your creamed spinach comes out perfectly for your palate. I usually buy the unwashed spinach and soak the leaves in cold water for a few minutes but you can also get pre-washed fresh spinach. Do use fresh spinach for this recipe for the brightest color and freshest flavor. I haven’t made this with the frozen kind but I .....
- Best Starter Recipes with PineapplePineapple is more than just a fruit and more than merely a dessert ingredient. You can make starter recipes (as they are called in the UK) or appetizers (as those of you in the US and Canada will know them) with pineapple because its sweet flavor contrasts beautifully with savory flavors like cheese, bacon, or chicken. There are starter recipes with pineapple for all occasions. Why not serve a fruit salad or pineapple sorbet – who’s to say an appetizer has to be savory Pineapples are an excellent fruit to include in the family’s diet, and you will all benefit from having this delicious food daily. This tropical fruit has a .....
- Best Gourmet Food Gift BasketsIf you aren’t sure what to give as a gift, then a gourmet food gift basket is a wonderful idea. Giving the gift of food never gets old. Everyone loves to eat and there are gift baskets for every budget and taste. Choose from the best gourmet food gift baskets to find the perfect one for the occasion. You can get themed gift baskets, perhaps with a range of delicious cheeses and some crackers, or you might prefer something offering nuts, cookies, preserves, wine and more, so there is definitely something for everyone in there. Best Gourmet Food Gift Baskets: Some Ideas Give a gift hamper to a family, couple or individual and personalize .....